Friday, April 9, 2010

Nice

It is warm. I am so happy. VERY windy, but that is to be expected this time of year and I will take wind over cold any day.

It is so nice to be out. I get some kind of workout in most days. I have been running on the trail while Soren is at practice now that it stays light so late and I have really enjoyed those evening runs.

We get "Inside Texas Running" magazine and this month my name was in it! I noticed that there was a writeup about Cowtown so I looked over it. I knew I was in the top 10 women finishers, but I did not know that I was in the top 20 overall finishers! I was 19th. It was cool to see my name in print. I saved it :)

I am still recovering, I guess, from the 50k. I can run, but it is slower and much more labored. I have lost almost 2 full minutes on my 5k. We did the Burleson run last Sunday and I ran a 24:14. Terrible. But I know I can get back to where I was and I am really in no hurry.

I need to sign up for a race. It is really the only thing that motivates me to push myself hard and not skip workouts. Pete thinks I should do some olympics and he usually knows best. I will decide this fall what IM I want to do in 2011. Leaning toward Arizona or Florida. To get into FL you have to be at the race, so it will most likely be AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment