Thursday, December 2, 2010

going going going

So. Do you like how I have been updating more often as promised? :)

I have been able to stick to the program for the most part. Things are going well. I was able to take a girls trip to San Antonio and run the half marathon. It was such a great time. I went with two girl friends and we stayed a
t the host hotel; that was the first time I have done that. So.worth.the.money!!! I didn't even have to use a port-o-potty! That is unheard of at a marathon! I was able to run my half, run up and shower and then get back to the finish line to watch my friend finish her marathon. I had a great run with a 1:45 finish time. We had so much fun that we signed up for the Austin half on our way home that evening and booked the host hotel there. Can't wait! That run is in February.

Me, Nancy and Kellie pre race on our balcony
a view of the starting line from our balcony
post race waiting for a table at a mexican restaurant on the river walk


I also got to run a fun 5k before Thanksgiving. It was the Grand Prairie Sneek a Peek. Runners from the family included me, Soren, Reese, Nana, Mat, Kara, Wyatt, Ashton, Parker, Zach, Jodi (with baby Anna bulging), Avery and even Alissa! We all went the full 5k! Go Parkers! We ran through the drive thru Christmas lights display. It was strange to run at night and I found that I was picking up my feet a lot more than normal. I ran a 21:38, which is a good 5k time for me. Running is going well.


Danna and I signed up to go to Hell Week in Fredericksburg in March. We plan on doing a 100-120 mile ride on Saturday and then ride again on Sunday (we will decide what distance after we assess the damage from the day before!) and then come home on Monday. I am excited to be with Danna when she rides her first century ride!

Training is going well. I am really glad that I have a good base because my schedule is a lot more demanding this time around and it is good to have the confidence that I can go the distance even if I don't always hit all of my workouts.

This is pre season week 12 and it calls for 11 hours. I will run a 6 mile leg of the Whiterock Marathon on a relay team on Sunday and since I need a longer run than that I will most likely just run on in to the finish. That will give me around 16 miles which is a little longer than I need but I love the race atmosphere so much that I am sure I won't mind! I am on a team with Zach and three of his friends and we are racing against Team Outlaws which includes Pops, Nana, Pete, Soren and Mat. Losers buy lunch. It will be such a great time.

Rock and roll. Love this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment