Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gettin' with the Program!

Dang it! I just typed up a good post and then I deleted it when I tried to increase the font!

Ok, what I was saying is...

Let's just pretend these last 3 weeks didn't happen. Workout wise, anyway.

Christmas was wonderful. New Years was a blast. And it all kicked my butt! Eating crap and missing MOST of your workouts will set you back, let me tell ya! But I can't say that I regret it. It was a great holiday season, as usual.

As of this week I am back on the program with motivation and determination. I am trying not to be frustrated by the loss of speed and endurance that a mere few weeks of laziness will cause. It will come back and I will be able to start seeing improvements soon.

Lots of trainer hours going on right now. I do not own the right gear to ride outside when it is 40 degrees and I don't have any motivation to buy it because I HATE to ride in the cold! I started renting the television series 24 and that keeps me entertained and I feel like I am able to give a good effort and get a good workout on the trainer. I am also hoping that it will benefit me that I am really hot as I ride with the heater on and no fan since my race is likely to be hot and humid.

So here we are. No turning back. Pushing hard and looking forward to lots of good training days.

No comments:

Post a Comment