Saturday, January 22, 2011

Baby, it's cold outside!

Winter finally arrived in Texas. I can't complain; we were still in the 70s and 80s in December and I just know it will be warm again soon. In the mean time, the trainer and I have been spending a lot of quality time together. I am watching the series 24 and it keeps me entertained while I sweat it out. I had a small set back (hopefully it is over!) last week. I had a 1:30 bike with a 1:00 run. I had a good strong bike session and as soon as I stepped out the door to run I had sharp right knee pain. I walked for a while to see if it would ease up with no success. Walking, biking and swimming were fine, but one step of running was painful. I called Active Spine and Sport and got an appointment for 6 days out. No running until the appointment made for no knee pain on the day I was scheduled to go in, but I went anyway and explained what I had experienced. Dr. Kemp did 45 minutes of active release therapy (PAIN!) and when I left there my entire right side felt awesome. It was so relaxed and loose. He said it is most likely just scar tissue building up. I am going for one more session this next week, but I have had two pain free runs and things seem to be back to normal. Pete bought me a foam roller to help stretch after my runs and I have new shoes on the way. I have had a few weeks of good workouts and things seem to be going well. Can't wait to get back outside on the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment